The TCJS will sponsor 3-5 cross-institutional study groups in the 2012-2013 year. Proposals are invited from Duke, NCSU, and/or UNC faculty or graduate students on Japan-related topics. Study groups should include members from at least two participating institutions, and may include groups focusing on new research directions, recent scholarly trends, and “work-in-progress” writing workshops. The maximum number of proposals on which a faculty member may co-sign is two.
From $1,000-$2,000 for each study group, to support book purchases, meals, and outside speakers and/or guests.
- Proposals due: September 26, 2012
- Announcement of awards: October 6, 2012
- All funds must be used By: June 30, 2013
- Report and budget summary due: June 30, 2013
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a proposal that:
- Outlines the scholarly goal of the study group (1 page maximum)
- Identifies the three signers. (At least two must be TCJS faculty.)
- Includes a preliminary budget (1 page maximum)
- Indicates other sources of funding (APSI, CGI, etc.)
Submit proposals to Brianna Phillips at email@example.com
The proposals will be reviewed by the Executive Committee. Each study group is required to submit a short summary of the research accomplished with the grant by June 30. The funds awarded must be used by June 30. Please remember to keep all receipts!